Tomerlin-ERP | Epicor® ConfiguratorActual on-the-fly product configuration takes place using an interactive input session
We have helped hundreds of our customers launch Epicor successfully. Let us help you!!!
If you are interested in working together, click on "Contact Us" below and send an inquiry. We will get back to you as soon as we can!
The Configurator is designed to facilitate the efficient ordering, manufacture and inspection of highly customizable products with complex requirements and a myriad of options. It provides companies that build highly customizable and dimensional Make-to-Order (MTO) products with the ability to create accurate Methods of Manufacture. Actual on-the-fly product configuration takes place using an interactive input session when you elect to configure a base universal part.
Configurator Input Session
Part records contain base information that the Epicor application uses to identify an item as configured part; this is the top-level “universal” base assembly item for which a product configuration is being created. When you enter a base universal part in the following programs, and elect to configure the item by clicking the button, an interactive Question and Answer or Smart String entry session displays:
- Order Entry
- Opportunity/Quote Entry
- Purchase Order Entry
- Job Entry
- Demand Entry
- Epicor Commerce Connect (ECC) Web Basket
The manner in which the Configurator operates, and the specific input pages that display in these sessions, are designed and created using a highly sophisticated, very flexible Configurator Designer.
The Configurator Designer functionality is divided between three main programs:
- Configurator Entry – Used to define basic settings responsible for specifying how the configuration operates and behaves during an actual Configurator session. These include part creation, pricing rules and document rules.
- Configurator Designer – Used to define the actual Configurator design; this includes input control and page properties, as well as configuration and page events.
- Configurator Rule Entry – Used to create method rules and Keep When clauses that specify how a method of manufacturing should be created for use in manufacturing a configured product.
This provides you with the means to capture in-depth product design engineering knowledge and translate it into an easy-to-use Expert system for use by order, quote, job, purchase or demand entry personnel. Building the universal part and an associated product configuration mechanism requires several distinct steps.
- Refer to the Implementation Components and Calculations section for detailed information on each of these Configurator components.
- For a detailed explanation of how the Wavy Rider Products configurator was constructed, refer to Wavy Rider Productsin the Configurator in Action.
Configurator Evaluation Process
As the user operates configurator input pages and enters or selects specific parameters, the Configurator collects this information and performs a series of evaluations required to generate end item configurations unique to the customer’s specific requirements.