Tomerlin-ERP | Epicor® EDI DemandEDI allows for standardized transfer of files between you, your customer, and suppliers
Epicor EDI Demand Management
We have helped hundreds of our customers launch Epicor successfully. Let us help you!!!
If you are interested in working together, click on "Contact Us" below and send an inquiry. We will get back to you as soon as we can!
EDI Demand Management
The Demand Management module in the Epicor application allows you to more efficiently manage short and long term customer demand contracts, converting demand from these contracts into sales orders and MRP forecasts.
Typical EDI Demand Management Process Flow
- The following section contains an example of a typical processing for flow for an inbound EDI transaction you receive from a customer trading partner. This workflow usually involves performing the following tasks:
- Defining the Trading Partner in Customer Maintenance
- Entering a Demand Contract
- Processing Inbound Transactions Using the (Direct) Import EDI Demand Process
- Correcting Errors using Demand Workbench
- Automated and Manual Demand Entry Processing
- Generating Outbound EDI Transactions
Automated and Manual Demand Entry Processing
You can create user-defined rules that designate if inbound demand should be automatically or manually processed for specific types of inbound EDI transactions.
- If set to Always Accept, the Epicor application automatically processes demand for this customer trading partner, regardless of whether there are failed validations/rejections in the inbound EDI document. Use simplified auto-complete or structured Boolean search. If set to Accept If No Errors, the Epicor application automatically processes demand and immediately generates sales order and forecast entries for this customer trading partner, regardless only if there are no failed validations/rejections in the inbound EDI document. It handles rejected demand records in the same manner as automated processing.