Epicor® EDI Demand | Tomerlin-ERPEDI allows for standardized transfer of files between you, your customer, and suppliers
Epicor EDI Demand Management
What is EDI Demand Management and why should you use it?
Epicor EDI Demand Management will enable you to receive from your customer their electronic demand information. As you process this information Epicor can auto-create the necessary sales orders, acknowledgements, forecasts, shipping and invoice documents, and in turn, send the required information back to your trading partners via outbound EDI transactions.
If you need EDI Demand Management in your business, contact Tomerlin-ERP today. We have the staff you will need for installation, implementation, and training.
We have helped hundreds of our customers launch Epicor ERP software. Let us help you!
Click on "Contact Us" below and send an inquiry. We will get back to you ASAP!
Typical EDI Demand Management Process Flow
- The following section contains an example of a typical processing for flow for an inbound EDI transaction you receive from a customer trading partner. This workflow usually involves performing the following tasks:
- Defining the Trading Partner in Customer Maintenance
- Entering a Demand Contract
- Processing Inbound Transactions Using the (Direct) Import EDI Demand Process
- Correcting Errors using Demand Workbench
- Automated and Manual Demand Entry Processing
- Generating Outbound EDI Transactions
Automated and Manual Demand Entry Processing
You can create user-defined rules that designate if inbound demand should be automatically or manually processed for specific types of inbound EDI transactions.
- If set to Always Accept, the Epicor application automatically processes demand for this customer trading partner, regardless of whether there are failed validations/rejections in the inbound EDI document. Use simplified auto-complete or structured Boolean search. If set to Accept If No Errors, the Epicor application automatically processes demand and immediately generates sales order and forecast entries for this customer trading partner, regardless only if there are no failed validations/rejections in the inbound EDI document. It handles rejected demand records in the same manner as automated processing.